Thursday, August 30, 2012

Aarrekid Autumn Winter 12 - A Surface Pattern Dream!

I've been a fan of Finnish label Aarrekid for some time based on what I had seen online. I've written a couple of posts featuring the Aarrekid label, and yesterday I received a thank-you package with two pieces from the new Aarrekid Autumn-Winter 12 collection. I can say without an ounce of exaggeration that - now I have seen the real thing - I am smitten! I absolutely love this label. The garments exceeded my already high expectations.

 
Aarrekid Autumn-Winter 12

The t-shirt and scarf I received are well made, and the organic cotton has a smooth, soft feel. The design itself, by artist Miia Kajaani  Piia Keto is so beautifully intricate; every inch is visually enticing. There is a wonderful balance of light and dark, and the coloured elements pop with great effect. The design has a large repeat and is packed with quirky characters and cute scenes. Elegantly drawn flora fill the gaps or frame the scenes beautifully. Wow, love it!
Here is a closer look at the design:
  
Aarrekid Autumn-Winter 12
  
Aarrekid Autumn-Winter 12

 My daughter is going to be one stylish little lady in her Aarrekid gear. Why not spoil your favourite little person with something from this unique label. You'll find this Autumn-Winter 12 loveliness at the Aarrekid website very soon. Trust me, you'll love it!


Another of Aarrekid's print designers is artist Miia Kajaani. Read my previous posts on Aarrekid here and here!

A huge thanks to Sanna from Aarrekid for this generous gift, and for allowing Kitty as a Picture Illustration and Surface Design Blog permission to publish these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment