Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thom Browne Spring 2013 Menswear

This is a first for Kitty as a Picture. I haven't shown any menswear before, but Thom Browne Spring 2013 Menswear cannot be ignored by a print designer. I have gone back to view this collection too many times to count. It's more than the interesting presentation that fascinates me, more than the crazy cropping and layering, more than the vibrant colours; here is a designer who could play an important role in the history of men's fashion. Will all men soon be comfortable dressing expressively in colour and pattern the way that women are able to? Don't try to tell me that they already are or can. I go shopping with my partner and all I see is black, brown, grey, navy, and dark green. Most of the clothing for men that I see is predictable and boring. Take into account the limited amount of clothing that actually fits my extremely long-limbed partner and he has very little choice. Wouldn't it be nice if some fun and colour filtered down to mainstream menswear? And wouldn't it be nice if men could one day have as much choice as women when it comes to shopping for clothing?

Thom Browne Spring 2013 Menswear

Thom Browne Spring 2013 Menswear

Thom Browne Spring 2013 Menswear

Thom Browne Spring 2013 Menswear

Thom Browne Spring 2013 Menswear

The Thom Browne Pre-Spring 2013 collection for women is, by comparison, quite tame. Extremely beautiful I think. Here are a couple of my favourites:

Thom Browne Pre-Spring 2013

Thom Browne Pre-Spring 2013

Thom Browne Pre-Spring 2013

Thom Browne Pre-Spring 2013

I am intrigued and I can't wait to see more. If you too are interested in this designer you may like to visit the Thom Browne website

No comments:

Post a Comment