Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Printed Fashion: Tsumori Chisato - Resort 13 and Autumn Winter 2012-13

This week I'm all-a-buzz about Tsumori Chisato. There is a playfulness to her designs that I really love - they are so much fun! The Tsumori Chisato Resort 13 collection features a couple of stand-out prints that I can't wait a day longer to show. These three images are my favourites from the collection. If you like them you can read an interesting review by Alex Veblen, and see the complete collection over at Style.com.

Tsumori Chisato Resort 13

Tsumori Chisato Resort 13

Tsumori Chisato Resort 13

I would also like to show some items from the Tsumori Chisato Autumn Winter 2012-13 collection which was inspired by a vacation in Switzerland. The skiing theme is strong throughout and clearly influenced the prints - some of which came from the designer's actual holiday snaps!

Tsumori Chisato Autumn Winter 2012-13 

Tsumori Chisato Autumn Winter 2012-13

 Tsumori Chisato Autumn Winter 2012-13

 Tsumori Chisato Autumn Winter 2012-13

Aside from her outstanding design, I also love it that fans can get a real sense of who she is via her blog. It's a personal touch that I think is very endearing. There is plenty to browse at the Tsumori Chisato website, so pop over and soak up the goodness!

About Tsumori Chisato (from her website)
Born in the city of Saitama, Japan, Tsumori Chisato studied fashion at the prestigious Bunka Fashion School in Tokyo. In 1977, she entered the Issey Miyake design company as the head designer for “Issey Sports”, later renamed “I.S. Chisato Tsumori Design”. With this solid apprenticeship under her belt and at the encouragement of Mr. Miyake himself, Tsumori Chisato started her own line in 1990, a collection that made its catwalk debut in Tokyo at the Japan Fashion Week that same year.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! love this collection. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed this blog post, is there any way I can receive an update sent in an email when you write a new post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean each time I post about your collections or do you mean each time I write a post? I would be delighted to contact you personally each time I feature your collections - Please contact me with your email address. (I previously contacted your press office instead). If you mean receiving all new posts by email, I have removed that feature from my blog as I thought it unfair for paying sponsors if people weren't coming direct to the site. I am so pleased that you enjoyed it, and thank you so much for being a part of my blog.

      Delete