Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spanish Street Artist Nuria Mora

Sometimes I choose an artist I'd like to feature and then through the process of compiling images and trawling their archives my 'like' becomes 'love', and I'm reminded why this blog is so important to me. The feeling of excitement and inspiration I have when I find art that I really love is priceless. Spanish artist Nuria Mora makes me feel that excitement; whether she chooses the street for her canvas, uses subtle watercolours or gouache on paper, or chooses colourful papers for three-dimensional creations, it's impossible to be anything but inspired. It's the way she uses colour, the unusual arrangement of forms, the layering effect she creates even with the simplest of geometric shapes...and there's so much more to admire about her work. How can I present such an amazing and prolific artist well in a short blog post? I have compiled some images of her art that are my personal favourites, but I sincerely hope you will follow the links at the end of this post to discover Nuria Mora for yourself. It's well worth the effort.

Nuria Mora

Nuria Mora
   
Casablanca - Nuria Mora

Hawthorn Street -  Nuria Mora

Hawthorn Street -  Nuria Mora

Nuria Mora

Valdemoro - Nuria Mora

Madrid.Calle San Nicolás - Nuria Mora

Nuria Mora

Madrid calle Lavapies - Nuria Mora

Madrid Plaza del Conde de Romanones - Nuria Mora

Nuria Mora

Nuria Mora

Nuria Mora

Nuria Mora

Nuria Mora

Nuria Mora 

Arco 2012 Paper Installation - Nuria Mora

It was originally Nuria's street art that fascinated me, and it was a wonderful surprise to discover all her other work too - and to find it equally as intriguing. This is just a teaser; you will find much more to inspire at Nuria Mora's website, and don't forget to follow her blog for all the latest news.

Many thanks to Nuria Mora for allowing Kitty as a Picture Illustration and Surface Design Blog permission to publish these images.

2 comments:

  1. wow, how inspiring! I love both the paintings and the street art; they're so different in style but both incredibly arresting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...they are absolutely stunning! I love it all...
    I can see what you find so captivating about her work, beautiful x
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete