Monday, June 18, 2012

Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

I hate sewing. I break needles, I make webs of thread that a genius couldn't get close to unravelling. I am only ever brave enough to aquaint myself with a sewing machine under the watchful eye of my mother, who clearly must have a whole lot more patience than I do. I don't need to feign ineptitude for her to step in and take over; I really am inept at sewing! But one little peek at Melody Miller's booth at the Spring International Quilt Market makes even me desperately want to sew. Seriously, when did quilting get so groovy?

 Melody Miller's Booth at the Spring International Quilt Fair in Kansas City

Melody was exhibiting her new collection for Kokka - Ruby Star Spring 2012. While the digital files look fantastic, the photos from the booth (above) include items such as a quilt, a skirt, some pillows and other crafts that show off how truly versatile and fabulous this collection is. Ruby Star Spring 2012 comes in three colourways: Aspic, Absinthe, and Ambrosia.

Rotary Aspic - Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

Records Aspic - Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

Starlet Aspic - Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

Rotary Absinthe - Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

Records Absinthe - Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

Starlet Absinthe - Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

Rotary Ambrosia - Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

Records Ambrosia - Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

Starlet Ambrosia - Ruby Star Spring 2012 - Melody Miller

The designs are printed on a gorgeous 60" wide lightweight cotton/linen blend. Ruby Star Spring 2012 is due to hit the stores towards the end of July. I'd better give my mother some warning; we have some sewing to do!

View more of Melody's designs at her Web Gallery, or visit her blog to follow her news.

A huge thanks to Melody Miller for allowing Kitty as a Picture Illustration and Surface Design Blog permission to publish these images.

No comments:

Post a Comment