Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pookie by Ivy L.Wallace

I love vintage books and I don't stumble across really nice ones too often. My daughter's grandmother produced this beauty on the weekend and had me in raptures. Take a look at a few of the illustrations and I'm sure you'll agree it is a lovely book:

Pookie by Ivy L.Wallace - Cover





Pookie by Ivy L.Wallace - Back Spread

Ivy L. Wallace created a series of Pookie books, and judging by what I saw on Amazon they are quite collectable. This book was first published in 1947 if I remember correctly. Read more about Ivy Wallace at Wikipedia.

4 comments:

  1. The book brings back happy memories of childhood for me but a few damp hankies along the way! (I still have the book and treaure it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to meet you at the market on saturday...we have Pookie and his Shop and i have been on the lookout for more ever since. It is a perennial favourite here, the illustrations are pure magic. Check it out: http://growmama.blogspot.com/2010/08/vintage-spring.html
    Look forward to following your design adventures on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pookie....hehehe.

    ReplyDelete