Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Vintage Postcards - More From my Stash!

A while ago I featured some Dutch vintage postcards that I found in a thrift shop. The post has been very popular, so I have scanned some more of the vintage postcards that I picked up that day. I hope you enjoy them:

Dutch Vintage Postcard - Gelukkig Nieuwjaar

Dutch Vintage Postcard - Gelukkig Nieuwjaar
Date stamp shows it was posted in 1964

French Vintage Postcard - Bonne Année

Dutch Vintage Postcard

Dutch Vintage Postcard - Gelukkig Nieuwjaar

Dutch Vintage Postcard

If any readers are able to translate the text on the last postcard, I would love to know what it says - Please leave a comment below.

I keep going back to that thrift store, and they do occasionally have more vintage postcards, but none as nice as the first handful I found. I will keep looking for more...that is the beauty of op-shopping - you just never know what you might find.

5 comments:

  1. Great score, they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it means something like 'That which Jan and Greetje had to eat, they will never ever forget'. I don't speak Dutch, so might be wrong... These are so gorgeous. I wonder if you might have got them from the Hospice in Birkenhead? If not, they have some books with old postcards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I speak Dutch and here's the translation (loosely)!

    'Gelukkig Nieuwjaar' means Happy New Year
    'Jan and Greetje are eating good, they will probably never forget this'

    Love the cards! And love to see more of your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your collection. They give you a warm, homey feeling!

    ReplyDelete