Sunday, April 17, 2011

Flora Chang and Helen Lang

Two talented artists today, starting with Flora Chang of Happy Doodle Land. Flora is a designer and illustrator that works for a large greeting card company, and Happy Doodle Land is her playground away from work. She recently featured some burnt buttons/brooches that caught my eye and from there I visited her Etsy store where I found more gorgeous creations:

Burnt Buttons by Flora Chang of Happy Doodle Land

See how tiny there are! Clearly, Flora has a bucket-load more patience than I do!


Burnt buttons by Flora Chang of Happy Doodle Land

You'll find lots of cute prints (and other goodies too) at the Happy Doodle Land Etsy store, but the colour and personality in these prints stood out to me:

 Mr. Lion Print by Flora Chang of Happy Doodle Land

Mr. Snake Print by Flora Chang of Happy Doodle Land

Chef Elephant Print by Flora Chang of Happy Doodle Land

You'll find Flora's blog Happy Doodle Land here, and her Etsy store here.

And now Helen Lang who has recently joined The Keep Calm Gallery with her beautiful animal alphabet illustration, Animalphabet:

Animalphabet Limited Edition Print by Helen Lang (cropped)

Animalphabet Limited Edition Print by Helen Lang
Left: Full page view, Right: Close-up of T for tiger
2 colour screenprint on textured off-white fine art paper.

From an anteater to a zebra, each animal is cleverly crafted into the shape of its first letter. I imagine a child would be quite fascinated by a piece like this. You can find out more, or purchase the print, at the Keep Calm Gallery.

Thank goodness for the uplifting work of these two talented artists. In my household we are all sick at the moment; I have been able to drag myself out of bed today but am much in need of the inspiration. Feeling invigorated now, I think I can find the energy to venture out with my daughter, and that is why I love this project - looking at creative and beautiful things is just so motivating :)

A huge thanks to Flora Chang and The Keep Calm Gallery for allowing Kitty as a Picture Kids' Design Blog to publish these images.

3 comments:

  1. Those Buttons are SOOOO cute, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the post, Kitty! Xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..and thankyou from me too ! I look forward to keeping in touch x

    ReplyDelete