Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mod Squad Kids at Cosset Café

It is as if someone has dreamed this idea up just for me:
take my favourite café, add a stunning collection of designer kids' clothing that is unlike anything I've seen before, put them together, and you have me doing a dance of excitement (and believe me, I save dancing for special occasions - even my two year old daughter tells me to stop dancing, I'm that bad!) Let me first introduce Mod Squad Kids, and then I will tell you about the exciting event coming up at Cosset Café.

A small selection from the Mod Squad Kids Summer Collection

A small selection from the Mod Squad Kids Winter Collection

Mod Squad Kids is the creation of Karen Walker (not the fashion designer that New Zealander's are familiar with, but another designer by the same name) who has a background in design within other creative areas such as visual merchandising and window dressing. When Karen began a family, and struggled to find unique, colourful clothes for her daughter, she took up the suggestion of a friend to try her hand at children's clothing design. Mod Squad Kids was born at the end of 2009. 

Mod Squad Kids

Mod Squad Kids has sold at children's wear and design stores in Auckland and Wellington. The great news is that Mod Squad Kids will soon be launching a website, and the label will then be available to purchase throughout New Zealand and internationally. In the meantime you can keep up to date with Mod Squad news through Facebook.
It is easy to see why I am a big fan of Mod Squad. The collection has stacks of energy and vibrance, featuring bold patterned fabrics, interesting trims, and original details. The garments are made with quality fabrics and sewn right here in Auckland.

Details from the Mod Squad Kids Collection

The other great news is that you can view the Mod Squad Kids collection, and meet Karen in person, if you head over to Cosset Café. Some of the garments are already on display, but Cosset is hosting a special viewing of the Mod Squad Kids collections on Thursday 7th, Friday 8th, and Saturday 9th of April. Karen will be there to answer any queries each day from 12-1 pm and from 6-8 pm. Don't miss your chance to soak up the stylish vibes of Cosset Café and Mod Squad Kids at this special event. You'll find Cosset at the corner of New North Road and Woodward Roads, Mt Albert, Auckland. I will be dropping by for another look at the range, and for one of the best macchiatos in town. And I promise to refrain from dancing!

Mod Squad Kids at Cosset Café

A huge thanks to Karen Walker for allowing Kitty as a Picture Kids' Design Blog to feature Mod Squad Kids.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Mod Squad Kids collection - very simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete